Monday, February 7, 2011

TOY STORY 3

I’m sure everyone knows the story of “Toy Story 3”: Andy’s grown up, the toys are donated to a day care centre which they are very excited about because they will be played with by kids every day.  This excitement soon turns to terror when they realize that the kids are in fact toddlers who do not know how to look after the toys properly.  Not only that, the daycare centre is run by a nasty strawberry smelling bear.  The toys decide they want to go back to Andy’s and attempt a dramatic break-out. 

Hey, this is a Pixar film and they don’t make bad films, and “Toy Story 3” already has a huge reputation, and I do like this film (it is hard to find faults in it), but it just didn’t capture me like the first two.  I must admit I expected that this film would rank in my Top Ten, but the magic just wasn’t there for me – it wasn’t fresh anymore.  I loved the addition of Ken (“I am not a girls toy”), and Michael Keaton was brilliant in the role, but for some reason “Buzz Lightyear” rubbed me the wrong way this time, and I also felt like Tim Allen was just going through the motions.  Yes, Spanish Buzz was amusing, but not hilarious.  Tom Hanks was still great, though, as Woody. 

There is a nice scene at the end with all of the toys (which I wont ruin for those who haven’t seen it yet) which I liked, but I think that it is time that Pixar moves on to more original content (it disappoints me that their next outing is “Cars 2”).  Again, I must stress that I did like this film, it’s just that I thought I was going to love it and I didn’t.  I should also point out that I did not see this in 3-D at the cinemas, so that may add more to the experience, I’m not sure.


Ranked 24 in Top 25 of 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment