Friday, August 31, 2012

TOP TEN - MIFF 2012

Well, it is time for me to reveal my top ten for MIFF 2012, so with out further to do, lets get straight into it:

9.  SOUND OF MY VOICE
8.  MANIAC
7.  FOR LOVE'S SAKE
6.  BULLY
5.  JAYNE MANSFIELD'S CAR
4.  HIMIZU
3.  KILLER JOE
2.  THE HUNT
1.  FACING MIRRORS

So there you have it, for the second consecutive year, an Iranian film has been my favourite of the festival.  Unusual though, "Facing Mirrors" was the only film from Iran that I saw at this year's MIFF, but obviously its quality was so great that it still took my number one spot.  I want to point out two titles that I was unable to see due to clashes in my schedule that had the potential to make this list and they were Ben Wheatley's "Sightseers" and Abbas Kiarostami's "Like Someone In Love" (which sadly I missed to see the woeful "V/H/S").  Well that's it for another year, I look forward to doing the whole MIFF experience again next year, but until then it is time to resume my regular reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment